Last Updated: November 2022
Effective: November 2022
This Policy describes (i) the types of information we may collect when you access, sign up and/or use the features of the Website; (ii) the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when any advertisement or survey campaign is displayed by Company on the Website or as part of your interaction with such advertisement by Company; (iii) how we use that information, and the purposes for which we collect it; and (iv) how we disclose such information. This Policy applies only to information we obtain from you through the Website.
This Policy does not apply to information that we may obtain from sources other than Website who provide your information based on their privacy policies and your interaction with their offerings. This Policy does not apply to websites or landing pages of other third parties that you may access through the Website or your direct interaction with any third party including an advertiser even if you engage with any specific advertisement through the Website, nor does it apply to information that you provide to or that is collected by any third party. We encourage you to read any such third-party terms, conditions, policies, notices etc. before providing information on or to such third parties including Sites.
- Information We collect and How We collect it
We collect information from and about users of our Website as stated herein.
Information You Provide to Us
- If you elect to create your account on the Website, we ask you to provide certain information such as name and email address.
- To facilitate fulfilment of orders for products placed by You through the Website you may be asked to provide the required delivery address at the time of check-out.
- To facilitate refunds in case of returns, you may also be asked to provide bank account information, which shall be retained for 30 days post receiving the details.
By providing the account registration data, You also consent and agree to Company’s and/or its service providers use of the same to contact You (including via calls, SMS, WhatsApp, e-mail or other such means of business communications) for the purposes set out hereunder.
The Website is meant for general audience and is not targeted towards users below 18 years of age. Therefore, we do not knowingly request access to, collect or process personal information of any such user.
You may continue to access or explore the Website without registering an account with us. However, you may not be able to explore all the available features and services on the Website.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access, and use the Website including when you view any advertisement displayed there, the Website may collect:
- Website usage details:Details of your access to and use of the Website, including interaction data, logs of access and usage, and other performance data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website, content you read, view, watch, interact with.
- Device Information: We may collect information about or on your device such as device make, IP Address, operating system make and browser type.
Third party data: This is information provided by our partners. The information provided in these cases follow the respective privacy policies of such third parties. In the context of advertising displayed on the Website, affiliates (in their capacity as advertising partners), ad networks, advertisers, or such other third-party demand partners (collectively “Ad Partners”) may also disclose to us certain personal or non-personal information they have separately collected about you so that we can effectively provide our services. They do this in accordance with their own specific privacy policies and subject to their own applicable legal requirements and, we will treat such information in accordance with the privacy policies of such Ad Partners in addition to this Policy, subject to the terms of the former. We do not use the information they provide to us for any purpose other than for providing or improving our services. “affiliate” as used herein means, with respect to Company, an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Company. “Control” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interest of an entity.
Tracking Technologies: We as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality on our Website, may use Tracking Technologies for automatic information collection.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small file that websites serve to Your desktop, smart device and/or browser. Specifically, we use the following types of cookies on our Website:
- Tracking Technologies: We as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality on our Website, may use Tracking Technologies for automatic information collection.
- Essential website cookies (Essential): These cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through this website and to use some of its features.
- Performance and functionality cookies (Non-essential): These cookies enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to its use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality (like search functionality) may become unavailable.
- Analytics web beacons and customisation cookies (Non-essential): These technologies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the website for you.
- Beacons: Pages of the Website may contain small files known as beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permits Company to improve its services, for example, recording the popularity of certain application content, verifying system and server integrity.
By visiting the Website, You consent to the use of these Technologies. If You do not like the idea of such or certain types of these Technologies, You can change Your browser's settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept such new Technologies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of Your browser. Please however note, that, if You delete these Technologies or do not accept them, You might not be able to use all of the features we offer, You may not be able to store Your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you access the Website or its content, You may be provided third party information and links to other platforms that are not affiliates of or operated or controlled by the Company. Certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include Ad Partners, ad servers, attribution partners and analytics companies, payment gateways or social networking platforms, your device manufacturer and/or your network service provider etc.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you, your device and your interaction when you use the Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioural) advertising or other targeted content. While we contractually require all our partners to comply with applicable privacy laws, please note that we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies.
We do not directly process any payments and do not store your debit/credit card or any other financial information. Secured Socket Layer technology is used for processing payment transactions with third party service provider partners. After the User is directed to the payment mechanism and the payment gateway, the Company is not liable for any data stored, used, or accessed by such a third-party service provider.
Company is not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by You from any third-party platform and accordingly does not make any representations concerning the privacy practices or other policies of such third-party platforms. Under no circumstances shall Company be deemed to control or guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of the information, data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, videos, cookies, messages, or other materials available on such platforms. Any information provided by You to such third-party platforms shall be governed in accordance with the privacy policies and requirements pursuant to laws applicable to such platforms for such services. It is recommended that You review the policies and terms of such platforms prior to using such platforms.
Information about advertisements presented on the Website
Company also collects some or all of the following information about an ad presented on your device: (i) the content type of the ad (what the ad is about, e.g. games, entertainment, news); (ii) the ad type (e.g. whether the ad is a text, image, or video based ad); (iii) where the ad is being served (e.g. the address of the site on which the ad appears); and (iv) certain information about post-click activity in relation to the ad including user interaction with such ad.
Information provided through surveys displayed on the Website
The Website may display certain marketing surveys to you where you are requested to fill in a survey, at your election, for services or products that you use or request to provide your opinion regarding certain products or services.
Some of the data sets mentioned in section ‘Information we collect and how we collect it’ may be considered to be personal information/data, as per privacy laws in certain jurisdictions. Where you elect to provide such information/data, you consent to the use thereof by the Website by such election. To the extent such information/data is determined to be or becomes personal data/information as per privacy laws applicable to you, we will ensure compliance with such privacy laws in our collection, processing or use of the information/data including certain data subject rights, if any, that you may enjoy under such privacy laws. We do not collect, store, or process sensitive information such as biometric data, sexual preference, medical information, credit card and other banking related information, etc.
How We Use Your Information
We (and our partners and affiliates) may use information that is collected about you or that you provide, to (collectively referred to as “Permitted Purposes”):
- Register you or your device for a Service, to provide a service or feature you request, to provide customized content and make recommendations based on your past activities on our Website;
- Provide you with product and service updates, newsletters and other communications about existing and/or new products and services by post, email, telephone, in-device messaging and/or text message (SMS), WhatsApp if you have provided your prior consent or we are otherwise permitted to do so under applicable law;
- Improve and enhance existing products and services and develop new offerings, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about customers’ preferences in general;
- Where you have uploaded product reviews, comments or content on our Website and made them publicly visible, Company may link to, publish or publicize these materials elsewhere including in our own advertisements;
Provide information, materials, advertisements, promotions and/or offerings that may be of interest to you by itself, Ad Partners or affiliates;
- Notify you when any relevant products or services are available and requires notification;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Speed up your searches;
- Enrich, build custom audience segments or merged data sets (using the data referred herein and/or third party or affiliate provided data sets) to enable the Website, Ad Partners or affiliates to better target advertisements and offer their services;
- Improve our customer services and account maintenance including to detect, deter and prevent fraud, fraudulent traffic or to protect the security of our systems;
- Support users to improve and maximise their experience of the Website including in relation to the provision of content and/or materials for the Website;
- Analyze and provide our Ad Partners with reports on the effectiveness of advertisements and campaigns run on the Website;
Send You surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to You;
- Process your survey responses and share the response data with the brands who are our customers/marketers;
Facilitate successful purchase of products from the Website;
- Respond to Your queries or complaints or to fulfil Your requests for information about the products and services that We offer and the process relating to the same; or
- Make disclosures in the event of merger, sale, other asset transfers or other relevant corporate transactions. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include Company news, updates, related product, or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Website customer support handle at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of your information for Permitted Purposes
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. We may also disclose information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our key shareholders, board, investors (debt or equity) affiliates. affiliates may use the information for the permitted purposes set out in Section ‘How your information is used’.
- To our partners. We may share your data with our Ad Partners, vendors, customers, data partners, measurement companies, influencer marketing agencies and/or brand partners for influencer marketing, and other third parties we partner with for providing our products and services including for facilitating and fulfilling your purchase of products from the Website.
- Legal Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
You acknowledge that some of the recipients of your information may be located outside your country of residence. Where we transfer your information to such third parties, we will endeavour to ensure that your information remains secure from unauthorized disclosure or theft. To the extent required under data privacy laws of the applicable jurisdiction, we may transfer such information pursuant to consent or through applicable data protection agreements or other mechanisms permitted under such laws.
- Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. You may elect to disable, uninstall, or unsubscribe from the Website.
- Surveys: Each survey that you participate in would provide for clear opt-out instructions including option to skip, which if elected will ensure that we do not include your device for that very survey Please note that if you opt-out of a survey you will still receive other survey requests.
To ask questions related to your privacy with us, exercise applicable data subject rights, or seek deletion of your data, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Security
We have implemented suitable technical and organizational measures to secure your personal information in compliance with our legal and privacy requirements and contractual obligations. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners regarding their collection, use or treatment of user data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
- Data Retention Period
Company may retain the information it obtains about you as per the instructions of its customers or partners who provide such information or as required to fulfil our contractual obligations. In case any information is provided by you in participation of a survey, Company will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it collected it for.
After the applicable retention period, Company may retain and use such data in an aggregated format, as necessary for internal analytical purposes, to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes (including billing) and enforce agreements.
- Contact Information
To ask questions, exercise applicable data subject rights, seek deletion of your data, or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Order of Prevalence
Subject to applicable laws, the English language version of this Policy will prevail over any other language version issued by us for your benefit.